PhoenixNAP is an IT Services Company, offering a wide range of services including Data Centre Colocation, a variety of Cloud Services, Data Backup and DRaaS, and Security Services. In addition to our main Data Center in Phoenix, we operate out of over 17 other locations worldwide. Between these locations, we maintain an extensive infrastructure to support all of our customers’ growing business needs. This allows us to offer a high level of availability, redundancy, and fault tolerance to our clients. Through our partnership with industry-leading vendors, we are able to offer our customers the latest in cutting-edge technology. We comply strictly within PCI DSS standards and are accredited twice yearly.
The Systems Engineer will work as part of a team responsible for all that is Microsoft within our Enterprise. The SEW team oversees services used by the business to support business objectives and seeks continual improvement of processes and tools used in execution of business goals. The Systems Engineer will have extensive end-user support and previous Microsoft Engineering experience to draw upon. The System Engineer will be called upon to research, implement, maintain, support, and improve on new and existing systems used in various business operations while applying security best practices and standards. As the systems Engineer you will be able to work independently and with other team members located in various locations and working different time zones and the other relevant departments to ensure that the required objectives are met.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage Microsoft Windows infrastructure and tools across the Enterprise.
- Responsible for daily technical operations and service request resolution.
- Identify and mitigate issues that impede application service delivery.
- Research improvements or shortfalls of existing applications and propose solutions.
- Gather or relate technical requirements to/from non-technical people.
- Support and assist technical and non-technical internal users.
- Accountable for the success of projects and duties assigned.
- Investigating and reporting on modern technologies and systems as requested.
- Develop strategies to implement systems into the company’s Infrastructure.
- Document all designs, systems, and procedures.
- Serve as escalation point for complex support issues.
- Propose, design, and build reliable business systems.
- Perform monitoring and preventative maintenance.
- Helps other team members with any issues they may encounter to maintain overall team effectiveness.
- Actively seeks to promote a healthy team environment to maintain and increase overall team morale and individual team members’ job satisfaction.
- Employee will be part of a 24/7 on call rotation schedule.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or 3-5 years’ experience in a global IT infrastructure environment
- MCSE or other Microsoft Certifications.
- 3-5 years experience with Windows Server 2016/2019, Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, DNS, Azure, Intune and the rest of the Office365 Suite including Teams/SharePoint and Exchange online.
- 3-5 years esperience implementing Security Standards and maintaining a high security posture.
- Working knowledge of Vmware
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Strong grasp of network design and security
- Experience with ITIL or ITSM processes is a plus.
- High degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to stay focused to ensure that projects are completed accurately and on time.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple interdepartmental tasks in a timely fashion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Elevated level of information security awareness
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidate.