CCBill is a fintech solution used by more than 30,000 websites globally. It provides a bundle of products, including a feature-rich online payment service platform that supports the needs of both new and established businesses in the e-commerce and online space.
Typical projects include integration with new processors, improving reporting, and enhancement of systems that handle high-volume transactions with high availability over 3 satellites in Phoenix, Ashburn, and the Netherlands.
We are augmenting our team of Software Applications Security Engineers who analyze in-house software systems to ensure that security best practices are adhered to, and security issues resolved.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Software Development, the Software Development Team Lead will guide, mentor, and lead a software security development team, consisting of 3 Software Developers, in their day-to-day tasks.
They will also be working closely with QA, Architecture, and Information Security, as the team is responsible for detecting and fixing vulnerabilities, building/customizing tooling, and optimizing/maintaining security frameworks
Location: Malta, Serbia, Remote in CET
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provides regular feedback to their team members to help them grow technically and professionally.
- Collaborates with all software teams to support the execution of project plans.
- Oversees project and team assignments to ensure that all projects are managed to plan and that the roles of team members are clear.
- Oversees the development lifecycle to ensure that all development standards are adhered to.
- Supervises work by team members to ensure that all project deliverables meet release criteria.
- Negotiates assignment of resources to ensure project work can be completed at the determined time.
- Provides a central point of reference for team members, other teams, and peers regarding projects and procedures to ensure development teams fully understand their project and its boundaries as well as ensuring the successful integration of projects.
- Participates in the recruitment process for new team members.
- Whenever necessary, conduct research and technology exploration as required to address any present or future projects.
- Participates in analysis and design activities to produce a viable system design that fits within the overall system architecture whilst addressing all the elicited requirements.
- Follows established development and testing procedures to ensure quality software development that meets the requirements whilst adhering to the proposed design and any stipulated timelines.
- Creates, maintains, and reviews documentation regarding any undergone systems development to ensure long-term maintainability of developed systems.
- Makes use of company standard source control and defect/task tracking software to effectively handle configuration management and defect fixing issues that arise in a team development environment.
- Conduct code review of code updates to ensure security best practices during the development stages of the software lifecycle.
- Engage in security analysis, defense techniques, and countermeasures to ensure that deployed software is robust and reliable.
- Help in the design and development of tools that ensure released products meet the required security standards.
- Able to demonstrate practical awareness of security best practices, vulnerabilities, cryptography etc.
- Previous experience leading or mentoring a software development team.
- Possess a degree in computer science or engineering.
- Proficient with object-oriented design methodologies, database technologies, and an understanding of web technologies.
- A proficient and skilled developer with knowledge of Java enterprise technologies such as Spring Framework (Boot, Core, MVC, Data, Security) will be considered an asset.
- Proficient with the use of Linux and possess the ability to troubleshoot problems at the systems level.
- An understanding of build automation tools such as Maven, source control tools, and bug tracking software.
- Knowledge of different development methodologies and project estimation techniques, together with an understanding of the SDLC.
- A clear and effective communicator with the ability to write clear and concise technical documentation and other documents that may be required to support software releases.
- Penetration Testing skills will be considered an asset.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.