PhoenixNAP is an IT Services Company, offering a wide range of services including Data Centre Colocation, a variety of Cloud Services, Data Backup and DRaaS, and Security Services. In addition to our main Data Center in Phoenix, we operate out of over 17 other locations worldwide. Between these locations, we maintain an extensive infrastructure to support all of our customers’ growing business needs. This allows us to offer a high level of availability, redundancy, and fault tolerance to our clients. Through our partnership with industry-leading vendors, we are able to offer our customers the latest in cutting-edge technology. We comply strictly within PCI DSS standards and are accredited twice yearly.
The Software Development Intern is responsible for participating in the software development process in order to deliver high-quality, fully-functional, and tested software. He/she will join one of the Software Development Teams and get hands on experience with the technology stack used and work on projects along with the rest of the team.
Who qualifies? First & second year students reading for a BSc in Computer Science or related discipline
Working Hours: Full-time in summer, part-time in winter (where possible)
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts research and technology exploration as required to address any present or future projects.
- Participates in analysis and design activities so as to produce a viable system design that fits within the overall system architecture whilst addressing all the elicited requirements.
- Follows established development and testing procedures so as to ensure quality software development which meets the requirements whilst adhering to the proposed design and any stipulated timelines.
- Creates and maintains documentation regarding systems being developed in order to ensure long-term maintainability.
- Makes use of company standard source control and defect/task tracking software so as to effectively handle configuration management and defect fixing issues.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of software development practices and lifecycles.
- Strong client/server, or N-tier, development experience.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming (OOP).
- Strong knowledge of Java or C# and ANSI SQL; Java highly preferred.
- Driven, creative, and results-oriented.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.