PhoenixNAP is an IT Services Company, offering a wide range of services including Data Centre Colocation, a variety of Cloud Services, Data Backup and DRaaS, and Security Services. In addition to our main Data Center in Phoenix, we operate out of over 17 other locations worldwide. Between these locations, we maintain an extensive infrastructure to support all of our customers’ growing business needs. This allows us to offer a high level of availability, redundancy, and fault tolerance to our clients. Through our partnership with industry-leading vendors, we are able to offer our customers the latest in cutting-edge technology. We comply strictly within PCI DSS standards and are accredited twice yearly.
This Data Center Shift Supervisor position is focused on keeping customer expectations and department practices in line with corporate policies through supervision of a NOC Services team. This includes monitoring and following up on complaints, coordinating with other departments and working with the NOC Manager in developing policies and procedures that further departmental goals.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide direction, leadership and supervision of NOC personnel, consisting of 6 – 8 people;
- Develop, mentor and train staff; seek to improve processes and procedures with the goal of delivering the highest level of service to our customers;
- Develop, document, implement and maintain processes and procedures for the day-to-day operations with NOC Management’s guidance.
- Promote a strong culture committed to service quality through the successful execution of repeatable, well-designed processes.
- Monitor the status of alerts, tickets and processes to ensure tasks are being completed timely;
- Communicate policy and procedural changes;
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements and communicate to NOC management;
- Generate reports for management in regards to service availability, uptime, and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, Customer issues and SLAs etc.;
- Assist NOC Manager with managing company prioritized projects.
- Meet and/or exceed and maintain service levels as assigned by management.
- Ensure continual process improvement within the NOC including but not limited to automation of NOC tasks and reporting, initiatives and routine administration tasks
- Maintain communication with NOC management to ensure issues are resolved;
- Develop and drive improvements to processes and procedures utilizing root cause analysis.
- Identify and interview candidate(s) for the network operations team when needed
- Ensure that NOC Technicians are working issues as efficiently and accurately as possible to meet departmental utilization standards;
- Daily review of the NOC Shift Turnover Report to ensure that tasks and projects are consistently completed on time
- Assist with administering performance reviews, mentoring and training staff.
While this will primarily be a first shift role, due to necessary technical management duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate may be required to be on call and/or work various shifts such as weekends and/or evenings.
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a supervisory/lead role, supervising technical and operational staff;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training;
- General knowledge of system integration and networking architectures;
- General knowledge with IP switched/router/based networks;
- General knowledge of Windows Server 2008, active directory, group policy, UNIX/Linux and Storage Technologies;
- General knowledge of web environments and architectures along with knowledge of HTTP, FTP, DNS, and other Internet protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytic, organization and facilitation skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organization.
- Self-driven with a take charge attitude while exercising good judgment in a rapid paced environment
- Managed Services support experience preferred
- ITIL methodologies and/or certification preferred
- Project Management methodologies and experience